Almost totally of vegetable origin, it offers an excellent dimensional stability and colour wash fastness at up to 60°C, dry cleaning, as well as a great mechanical resistance to abrasion.
The main component of the raw material is pure recyclable cellulose, primary component of the plant fibres, blended with a small percentage of latex.
The particular composition of cellulose leather® can guarantee an excellent resistance to abrasion, bending and flaking. Particular attention must be paid when when subjected to conditions of tear.
- 80% of the cellulose used is produced from paper mills recovering liquids during the process to produce electricity, steam and secondary chemical products.
- No chlorine is used for whitening the cellulose.;
- Certified EU Ecolabel.
The EU Ecolabel is a label of environmental excellence that is awarded to products meeting high environmental standards throughout their
life-cycle: from raw material extraction, to production, distribution and disposal.
- Water resistant & washable / the fabric itself is machine washable up to 60°C. The cellulose absorbs the water but leave it dry flat and it will come back to its original shape and consistency NEVER MACHINE WASH A HANDBAG
- It is resistant to dry cleaning
- It darkens on effect of heat and its light sensitive which gives a very interesting ageing effect
The cellulose leather is aesthetically pleasing and highly resistant, at the same time satisfying the most pressing and sensitive environmental issues.